If you really want to save money when you buy a car, you’ll need to shop for used cars. But that doesn’t mean you’re limited to slowpokes. You can get the speed you need with these sub-$10,000 speedsters:
- 2000 Corvette Hardtop Coupe. Its V8 engine can churn out 345 horsepower and 350 lb-ft of torque. The car responds immediately upon the press on the gas pedal, and with proper maintenance you can get to 60mph in less than 5 ticks.
- 2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1. It gets to 60 mph in 5.3 seconds. When you corner hard, it offers a very good grip as well. Then there’s that classic loo—what more do you need?
- 2002 Chevy Z28 Camaro. This offers ferocious power from its 5.7-liter engine with 310 HP and 340 lb-ft of torque. Start the car, and its power band will just launch the car smoothly with no apparent effort. The cornering is capable, yet the ride is comfortable.
- 2000 BMW Z3, 2.8 Roadster. This 2-seater looks sexy and it provides a peppy ride with its strong 2.8-liter engine. The amenities also include antiskid, traction control, antilock brakes, and power-adjustable seats.
- 2001 Porsche Boxster. That’s right, you can get a convertible Porsche for less than the cheapest new cars in 2017. This’ll give you a thrilling ride, with 217 HP, 192 lb-ft of torque, zero to 60 in less than 7 seconds, and speedy reflexes.
So have you a need for speed? There’s no need to splurge when you go for any of these used sports cars!